Saturday, January 30, 2010

PACKING, PACKING

I have been busy all week packing up things that I think we can live without the next 5-6 months. I am amazed at how many things that includes. Seems like I am cleaning out a LOT of stuff, but I am also packing a lot of stuff too. Maybe, when I UNpack all those boxes I will again discard some of the things that we are storing now.

Earlier in the week I was overwhelmed with boxes, but my dear husband carted a whole load of boxes off to be stored today. While he was gone I began building up my stack of packed boxes again. One thing I am sure of is that our house will look much larger as we move things out.

All of this is a bit unsettling as I dismantle this house that we have lived in for so long.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I hate packing and unpacking! I told Hubby that if/when we move again that, I don't care how much it costs, that someone is coming in and do all the packing...even if there are dirty dishes! LOL!

    Good luck with your new endeavor and remember to bend at the knees when lifting, take naps and drink lots of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I consider how we'd handle this challenge at our house I'm flummoxed. Excluding kitchen and living room, at least 80%, probably more, of the contents of our house are "not mine." Realizing that libraries will always be around, I could fit everything I seriously care about into a car.

    So, how will we handle moving one day? You have me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat,
    I have the problem that Sharon has, namely that 80% of the stuff is not mine. Husband and kids are pack rats and I am a minimalist.
    Hope it all goes well for you.
    cathy v

    ReplyDelete