Sunday, August 19, 2012

IN HIGH COTTON

Yikes!  It has been a long time since I have entered a post on my blog.  Where does time go??  But I have some news:

I am going to be in High Cotton!  Actually, I will be the featured artist at High Cotton, 809 Main Street, during the First Friday Art Walk in Bastrop, Texas, on September 7 from 5 to 9 pm.  I hope many of my friends will come to Bastrop for a look at my paintings that will be on display there Friday evening and all day Saturday.  We will have refreshments, a silent auction, and you can vote for your favorite artist in the Art Walk (hopefully that will be me ;-).  Bastrop is a lovely town with wonderful shops, galleries and restaurants so plan to come and have an enjoyable evening in Bastrop.

That is where most of my time has gone this summer.  I have been preparing for the Art Walk.  I did not realize how much time goes into finishing paintings, getting them ready to be framed, and then listing each on my inventory sheet after it has been framed. I have tried to be organized about this but my art studio looks like a tornado hit.  Every flat surface is covered and some has even moved onto the floor.  I am looking forward to seeing my art displayed on the beautiful brick wall of High Cotton and hearing what people have to say about my paintings.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Pat! What an awesome accomplishment. Your achievements in such a variety of fields are sure to be a rich inspiration to your children and grandchildren. Wish I could be there for the event.

    ReplyDelete