Tuesday, November 10, 2009

ACCEPTANCE

I read this this morning and it really struck a cord in me. I thought I would like to share it with you:

God comes to us exactly where we are—
Not where we should have been if we had made all the right choices in life,
Not where we could have been if we had taken every opportunity that God has offered us,
Not where we wish we were if we didn’t have to be in the place where we find ourselves,
Not where we think we are because our minds are out of sync with our hearts,
Not where other people think we are or think we ought to be when they are attending to their own agendas.
God comes to us exactly where we are, right now.

This reflection is from Inner Compass by Margaret Silf.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quote! It spoke to my heart and soul. I met you at the last SCN Conference, and just happened across your blog as I had some unusual (for me)free time. I needed to hear this TODAY, where I am. Mere coincidence--don't think so...
    Susan Ideus

    ReplyDelete
  2. And our job is to always REMEMBER this....as it's so easy to forget and get ourselves all frazzled because we fell we aren't where we "should" be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a big AMEN!!! And I so needed to be reminded of that today! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete