Wednesday, July 9, 2008

CHANGE

Recently I was on a committee planning a reception and the time of the reception kept changing, depending on the person or persons we were talking to at the time. Some of the committee members were becoming a bit testy with the changes. However, one member sent out an e-mail that said:

Change is the only thing constant in our lives.

I really liked that saying and decided that I needed to be more flexible to accommodate the constant changes in my life. Every day brings a new set of changes that I have to deal with and sometimes I resist those changes. It also brings to mind the Serenity Prayer:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.

Today, I pray for Wisdom!

2 comments:

  1. That's a good quote! And a very truthful one at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Amy, it seems to apply to much of my life.

    ReplyDelete