Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A FAMILY GATHERING

This past weekend we had a family gathering and celebrated 5 birthdays that were happening within this first week of April. My brother, sister and I were all together with our Mother who turns 94 today.
My brother and his wife had all of their children and their granddaughter at this family gathering. My sister had her daughter-in-law with two grandchildren and I had Son #4 with his two children here. We had five little ones between the ages of 8 months and four years old. Our two-year-old (almost three) granddaughter came over to our house before the other children appeared on Sunday morning and was disappointed that they were not here. She said she wanted her cousins here because "my cousins are crazy about me!" My husband and I had to quietly stifle our laughs.
Here are a few pictures of our many activities over the several days that we were together:

Cousins getting to know each other

My family with my mother at the Birthday Party

My sister-in-law with the youngest of the cousins.


The cousins on an Easter Egg Hunt.

My hubby entertaining Miss Ella Bella like he did our boys a "few" years back.

Our lovely neighbor (on the right) provided a pedicab ride

My brother helped entertain the cousins in our backyard

And we ate every time we turned around. Yum! Mexican food!

We had a wonderful time and the weekend was over before we knew it. I am so grateful for the times that we celebrate together.





5 comments:

  1. Please tell Aunt Mary C happy birthday from the Tulsa Willett's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful time. So sorry it didn't work out for us to be there, but we'll see you all for Easter. We are very excited to spend Easter in Austin with you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved seeing your pictures and hearing about your family time together. It is good when families stay in touch like that as the children get older.
    We aren't close anymore to either of our families anymore--distance does that and other factors. So value what you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mother was delighted with all the birthday celebrations the past few days. I think this is the first time many of us had been together in 3-4 years—and NOT ALL of our children were able to make it. That is what happens when you have a large family. My niece came all the way from Egypt—was here on business but came to see family members she has not seen in 4 years. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum Mexican food! Definitely one thing I miss about Texas... it's just not the same anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete