Tuesday, April 14, 2009

AN INTERESTING BLOG ABOUT CLUTTER

Yesterday I saw an interesting magazine article about de-cluttering our homes, our lives, our garages, our computers, and our calendars. Since that was one of my New Year's resolutions, I read the article with interest. The woman's name is Lori and she has a blog that seems to be very interesting and right up my alley with suggestions for de-cluttering almost everything. You might be interested in visiting her at http://www.clutterdietblog.com/.

One of my unplanned efforts at de-cluttering happened last week when our living room flooded. We had to move two large bookcases and I decided it was time to eliminate a bunch of things so that the bookcases would not look so cluttered. My biggest problem is letting go of some family heirlooms that I have inherited from my grandmothers, my mother and an aunt who died several years ago. I hate to turn loose of those things, but I can see that they definitely add to my cluttered look. My sister is a master at arranging things artfully, but mine just looks like CLUTTER! Sis, can you come over and give me a hand at rearranging my clutter--or just eliminating it??

Anyway, I hope to learn some good things on Lori's blog about de-cluttering my house.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us know about Lori's blog. I'm going over there right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room got flooded?? I love to declutter--maybe cause my mom's house was always cluttered with stuff. I would help you in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri,
    I need good hints for de-cluttering. I think this blog will keep me thinking along those lines. I just never know what to do with all those family keepsakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's smart! everytime i move somewhere I tell myself to not accumulate stuff. I am getting better at it... but I still seem to hate throwing stuff out.

    ReplyDelete