Friday, April 24, 2009

FRUGAL FRIDAY

We are beginning to plan a 25th anniversary celebration at our church. Last night I went to a planning session for a reception for the founding families and, before we began, one of our members reminded us that we need to be good stewards of the gifts that we have in our church. With that in mind, we moved through the planning session very easily. We determined that we could use name tags and small votive candles that the church already had and someone offered to create the table decorations. Another family volunteered to provide the drinks and someone offered to make simple computer-generated favors commemorating the event. Dessert will be donated by a member of the church and the largest outlay of money will be for the hors d'oeuvres that will be purchased.

After the meeting I was amazed that our group was able to improvise in such a way that we planned a quite nice event without spending lots and lots of money, thanks to the generosity of the members of our group. We were also challenged to use the resources that we had before we just went out and spent money. I can apply that same principle to my own life by using the resources I have before I just go out and spend money. Guess I had better check my resources before I go shopping this afternoon!! !

1 comment: