Wednesday, August 5, 2009

TRAVELING & FAMILY

We have had family visiting, we went on a short trip and we went to help our youngest grandson celebrate his 1st birthday. Now I seem to be having trouble getting back into the routine around here.

I thought I might share some pictures of the grandchildren and our travels with you. First our daughter-in-law, Kara, brought her three girls for the weekend and we had a great time for a couple of days. We gave them a bit of introduction to the heat before she headed farther south in Texas. Here I am with the three girls:

The girls also had a nice visit with Great-Gram.

And I had time to read a story or two.

After the girls from the Panhandle left, my husband and I packed up and went to South Padre Island for several days so he could attend a conference and I could wander on the beach and watch the waves from our marvelous room overlooking the water.
I LOVED getting up each morning and walking on the beach while I watched the sunrise. It was beautiful and serene with only a few other people walking along at the same time. It was wonderful to let the water lap over my feet as I walked.

We went on a Dolphin Watch/Ecology ride one afternoon and it was most interesting as one of the crew showed us some of the many creatures from the bay and told us how they live, what they eat and even showed us a couple that were dangerous. My favorites were the starfish. I don't think I have ever been that close to a starfish!

We came home from the beach, dumped the sand out of our suitcases and drove to Son #4's home to help celebrate our #2 grandson's FIRST birthday. He found that the balloons were fun to play with as Son #2 looks on.

Son #2 and Son #4 visited in the shade while the cousins enjoyed some pool time. I believe the thermometer behind Son #2 was registering 104 in the shade!!

And then it was time for cake. The individual cake for the birthday boy was a small fire truck and the rest of the guests got cupcakes with dog prints, fire hoses or fire ladders on top.


The guests and cousins helped test out the new toys as they were unwrapped.

Finally, before everyone headed home that evening, Miss Ella Bella insisted that she and her cousins take a ride in her little pink jeep. It was a wild ride with Miss Ella Bella at the wheel, but Little One was having a wonderful time--watch out for the tree!!

What a wild and wonderful clan we have!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all. I always appreciate the pictures of Aunt Mary C.
    She and Dad look alike.
    Thank you.
    Cathyv

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading about your recent adventures and seeing all the great photos. I do appreciate living close enough to the beach to go there whenever I choose to see a sunrise. I have to admit I often take my location for granted....and I appreciate it more when I read of others who only get to see beach sunrises on vacations.

    ReplyDelete