Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

Happy New Year to everyone! This is the time of year that I begin to work on my New Year's Resolutions. Looking back over my journal tells me that every year I seem to have similar resolutions: lose five pounds, work on fitness, tackle neglected projects, and so on.

I would like to report that I have begun my New Year's diet. My first step was to give all my fattening Christmas goodies to my ultra-skinny cleaning lady. Next I signed up for a free nutritional assessment at our fitness center. I have not done that in the past, thinking that I know all there is to know about nutrition--eat less and exercise more, right? However, it occurred to me that perhaps I did have something to learn, so I have my appointment with the nutritionist next Tuesday.

Today I had my quarterly fitness assessment and did the situps, pushups, step test and so on. I came out right about average on everything except one flexibility test. The fitness lady (cute, tiny, young, flexible!) told me to work on flexibility a bit more, so its back to the stretching. I'm working on it!

And today we took Daisy to the vet for her yearly physical. She passed and only tried to bite the vet once--when she picked up Daisy's tail and stuck the thermometer "you know where!" Seems that Daisy is in pretty good shape for her age.

Next week I have my physical with a new doctor. The doctor that we have loved all these years has stopped practicing--he has cancer. That's not fair! I will miss him greatly as I begin with a new doctor--hope this one listens as well as the one we had been going to.

And, lastly, I have begun updating our address book on the computer. Well, updating is a misnomer because our address book disappeared from our computer a while back, so I am taking the printed copy I had the sense to make and am reentering all the information and correcting as I go along. We do intend to send out our "annual" Christmas letter soon and we will need those updated addresses (I know, I know--Christmas has come and gone, but "these things take time!").

Once again, I hope that y'all have a very Happy and Healthy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment