Saturday, January 5, 2008

Working, working...for Story Circle Network

Today I spent the entire day working on nametags for our Story Circle Network (SCN) national conference, but it is a labor of love. I have been involved with Story Circle Network for about 5 years now. It is a wonderful group dedicated to helping women write their stories. For several years I ran a program developed by SCN called Older Women's Legacy (OWL) designed to help older women write their stories. What fun that was! I still participate in a Continuing OWL writing group made up of a number of our former OWL participants who just could not stop writing. We published a collection of our stories last year just in time for Christmas.

Our national conference this year is February 1-3 and will be held in Austin, Texas. It is one of the most interesting conferences I have ever attended--very professionally done with women from all over the country attending. I always enjoy the workshops and learn more and more about writing. I will participate in a panel on blogs. They tell me that I am the newest blogger on the panel, so I will discuss my experiences with blogging for a little more than a month by that time. I will also do a workshop on "Words That Heal."

For those of you who might be interested in the Story Circle Network national conference you can go to www.storycircle.org/conference/ for more information.

1 comment:

  1. I'm getting excited about the conference! I just hope all works out for us both:)

    ReplyDelete