Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I Got Tagged Again...

Book Meme

Connie tagged me for a book meme and I had to inquire as to the process. It has taken me a little while to get around to it, but here it goes. The instructions are as follows: Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages). Open the book to page 123. Find the fifth sentence. Post the next three sentences. Tag five people.

I just happened to have the book, Writing from the Heart: Tapping the Power of Your Inner Voice, beside me on my computer desk because I heard the author, Nancy Slonim Aronie, speak at our Story Circle Network conference weekend before last. She was a wonderful speaker and charmed us in her talk entitled, “We Are All Alchemists: How to Turn Your Sorrow into Gold.” She kept us laughing even when she was talking about difficult topics and easily moved from laughter to tears and back again. She was most inspiring.

Here is the quote that I found on page 123: (she is talking about her writing workshops in this section of the book) "So in a group setting, the participants become the teachers for each other. I have come to understand that writers need help undoing the red marks that scarred their tender creative tissue, tissue that developed a hardness, a callousness that keeps the writing cold and the reader out. But safety and unconditional love are the salves that soften those scars.
As writers, you must learn how to translate your emotional experience onto paper."
And now I tag two bloggers that I enjoy visiting from time to time:

No comments:

Post a Comment