Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today has been a great day so far. I have so many things to be thankful for. For instance, the temperature was delightful this morning so I opened all the windows and let the cool, fresh air into my house. Then I washed sheets and towels and hung them out on the clothesline--a very favorite task that I love this time of the year. My clothesline is in an isolated part of my wooded backyard and that area is a nice place for me to retreat, listen to the sounds of nature, and glance up into the one opening of blue sky amidst all the trees in the backyard. I call that opening in the trees my glimpse into heaven--sometimes cloudy, sometimes wispy with thin clouds and sometimes the deep, deep blue of a clear sky. Today it was deep blue and clear as a bell after several days of dark clouds.

Next I went to my mother's for a special Mothers' Day Luncheon. It was lovely with delicious food and even better desserts! Yum! Mother had just had her hair done and she looked beautiful. I am so lucky that she is close and happy to be where she is at this time of her life. Here are a few pictures from the luncheon.

And for my last thankful item: a friend is taking us out to eat at one of my all-time favorite seafood restaurants! Yippee! I don't have to cook dinner tonight! Thankful to have a cook's day off!


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day!! Grandmommy looks great...have a great dinner:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Mary C always looks so wonderful. That is nice that they had a Mother's day luncheon. Give her my love.
    Cathy V

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kara and Cathy. We did have a great time and Mother really enjoyed herself. I did too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you certainly were busy on your own "special day." Lucky you to have a clothesline. With energy prices skyrocketing, this relic of childhood is likely to make a comeback, right along with bicycles and walking shoes. Aren't we lucky that we already know how to use clothespins?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Ritergal. You are right about using the clothespins. Last summer a friend was here and she was clueless as to how to hang out clothes. It is a special time for me. I have done it in the summer—after spring pollen—for years! Why add heat to already heated air when the outside air will do the job for me and gets me out into the fresh air and vitamin D?

    ReplyDelete