Thursday, May 22, 2008

THANKFUL THURSDAY

I am thankful for many things today, but most importantly I am thankful for my health. This time last year I had just had my second hip replacement. For about 3-4 weeks after the surgery it was really difficult, but then things begin to improve. I am now able to do many, many things that I had discontinued doing before the surgeries due to the pain.

This morning I went to the gym and did the treadmill, the Nautilus elliptical machine and all kinds of exercises to keep the ole body fit and working properly. One of my friends pointed out how well my hips are working compared to a couple of years ago. I am so thankful that I had the surgeries but I am really thankful that it is a year later and I have all that behind me!

3 comments:

  1. Hello, Pat.
    I'm glad the surgeries worked for you and that you're exercising.
    I came here recently through a blog (The Heart and Craft of Life Story Writing, I think)and liked your Thankful Thursday posts. I do Gratitude Monday and it's good to find others who find a way to be thankful for the small things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're surgeries are behind you as well!! I've realized that being healthy is a blessing I sometimes take for granted:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am really being reminded that good health is a gift since two of my good friends were diagnosed with cancer this past week. Scary!

    ReplyDelete