Sunday, November 2, 2008

Christmas Hints

I am beginning to think about making some of my Christmas gifts for friends and family and thought it might be a great idea to share some of my gift ideas for you. Here is the first one that I thought I might begin with:

Assemble a Winter Warm-up Basket. Your basket can include a few marshmallows and hot chocolate. Purchase instant hot chocolate in sample sizes or in fancy tins. Find a decorative container and line it with a pretty kitchen towel (I am knitting dish cloths) or tissue paper. Fill the container with hot chocolate, marshmallows and perhaps an inexpensive mug or a favorite movie. Wrap the basket in plastic wrap or shrink wrap and use a hair dryer to blow-dry the shrink wrap on the basket to stay in place. You can find shrink wrap at a crafts store like Michael's or Hobby Lobby. Top with a pretty bow and you have a nice gift for friends, neighbors, teachers, and relatives.

Do you have a favorite handmade Christmas gift idea that you would like to share?

3 comments:

  1. I don't have any ideas at this time, but I would sure like to hear more. This one's a great suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! Do you have more? I need an idea for my daughter and her husband that I can send that also is inexpensive and light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri, I intend to send several more soon—soon as they finish putting a roof on our house and I can sit down at my computer and THINK again. The pounding overhead is driving me batty!

    ReplyDelete