Saturday, November 15, 2008

New Endeavor - Self-Publishing

I just sent my stories in to Lulu.com and self published my book, "Growing Up in the Texas Panhandle." I am so excited to have it finished and "out of my hair." I have been working on it for several months and have had a wonderful time editing my stories, adding in old family pictures, designing the cover, and getting it ready to send in. I dithered around for quite some time--especially the past two weeks. My husband read it over one more time with his handy red editing pen and declared it READY! I fiddled with the cover, chatted with Lulu.com's Live Chat several times and finally pushed the button to LET IT GO! What a feeling of exhilaration that was! Wow! I did it! And, now I can hardly wait to get my first copy.


This self-publishing experience is quite exciting. I am already sifting through my stories with another book in mind. Will it ever end?? Well, we will see how much patience I have for doing this again. I must say that Lulu.com was quite easy to work with and their Live Chat help is invaluable--especially for someone as technologically challenged as I am.


Now on to my next projects--finishing a painting or two that I have started and neglected while I fiddled with "Growing Up in the Texas Panhandle."

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations for finishing it and sending it in! I know you will love it and so will the people who you give it to. What a wonderful memory you have made.
    Thank you for the link too--I plan to check it out in detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat- How exciting. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Pat! What a wonderful accomplishment, and a treasure for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!! I am so excited that you got it done...can't wait to read it!!

    ReplyDelete