Thursday, January 22, 2009

HOME AGAIN

It feels like I have been gone from home a month. First, I went to New Mexico and had a great time there with my brother and sister-in-law as she regains strength following her kidney transplant. The time flew by and I was back home again for a few days before we left again to go to South Texas for a school dedication.

Our good friend is a superintendent for a wonderful school district and the school dedication was lovely. The highlight for me was the kilted bagpipe player who stood out there against the clear blue sky and piped the most beautiful songs before, during and after the ceremony. We also had a nice visit with our friends while there and a brief time to walk along the beach, get some sun and pick up a few shells. Ahhh! That felt good.
We briefly saw both of our sons and caught up with Miss Ella Bella and Grandson #2, but missed seeing the other members of the families due to our crazy schedules. What a shame! Now we are home again and I have a mountain of laundry to do and preparations for visitors to arrive Sunday. Never a dull moment around here!

1 comment:

  1. I love bagpipes!! How neat:) When I get my ears fixed we're going to Scotland!! I'm glad you are back home and maybe able to relax for a few minutes;)

    ReplyDelete