Sunday, December 14, 2008

WE HAD VISITORS!

Today we had visitors. My sister and her daughter and two children came over. My sister brought flowers for our mom and we went over and the children watched Mom knitting a scarf and then helped decorate her little tree.




Then we called my nephew and invited his family over so the cousins could play and we could have an impromptu Bar-B-Que dinner together. We counted and found four generations at the table tonight. What a blessing to be able to share this time amongst family members.






Of course, we took pictures and were quickly able to share them with my brother and his wife who are still at Mayo where my sister-in-law is quickly recovering (quite miraculously--thanks to many and their prayers!) from a kidney transplant about three weeks ago.

5 comments:

  1. Wow that's great your mom is still alive! Although I guess my great-grandma (my dad's grandmother) lived to like 99.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we are fortunate--she is 93 and my dad was 93 when he died. They both volunteered at the hospital until three weeks before he died. I guess I come from strong stock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great famiy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, we did have fun—and it was all fairly impromptu. That is the best kind of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Kate. Glad to have you visit whenever you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete