Monday, September 21, 2009

MY NPR DEBUT

Last week I went to Amarillo to record a story from my book, Growing Up in the Texas Panhandle, for NPR. Mary Palmer from High Plains Public Radio contacted me about a month ago and wanted permission to have someone record a story for her and, after much thought, I volunteered to be the reader for the recording. The experience was actually an interview about memoir writing and was very exciting and the recording even includes comments from my 9-year-old granddaughter, Emma.


Mary Palmer tells me that we can hear the broadcast in the Amarillo area on High Plains Public Radio (105.7) this coming Friday at 10:30. After the broadcast the program can be found at the following link: http://www.hppr.org/hpw.html . The program is called High Plains in Words.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely way to affirm your personal life and times. No doubt your family is very proud to have your memories established like this.

    Congratulations!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete